Hello and Welcome to Episode 5.
This time on An Unreliable Reader Gavin has a catch-up and chats about which books he feels he has fallen behind on reading.
He also reviews:
Smiler’s Fair by Rebecca Levene
The Lazarus War Book One: The Artefact by Jamie Sawyer.
Hello and Welcome to Episode 4.
As this episode is hot on the heals of the Costa Book Award Winner announcement Gavin talks a little bit about The Lie Tree by Francis Hardinge.
Gavin also goes through the BBC’s list of 10 Women Who Changed Sci-Fi.
Gavin then reviews #6-9ish of Ms. Marvel (as collected in Generation Why).
Apologies for the slight loss in sound quality in sections of this episode.
Show Notes: Episode Three
Subscribe via iTunes and Stitcher
This week Gavin chats about his seventh reading intention: i and goes through some of the books he’s reading to achieve those New Year goals. They include:
- Suffication by James Wallman
- Frazzled by Ruby Wax
- Tiny Buddha’s 365 Tiny Love Challenges by Lori Deschene
- Lean in 15 by Joe Wicks: The Body Coach
- Your Life Train for it and Fuel for Life by Bear Grylls
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Fear
- The Chimp Paradox by Dr Steve Peters
He also reviews NOS4R2 by Joe Hill
Show Notes: Episode Two
On this week’s episode I mention my appearance on Ep.144 of The Reader Podcast and I talk about my Reading Intentions for 2016.
- Minimum Reading
- Back to Paper.
- Shorts and Illustrations Fictions: Comics and Short Stories
- Dusting off the Shelves
- Catch-Up on the ‘classics’
- Keeping Score
It’s likely I also mention too many books.
If you’d like to talk to me about this episode or anything else reading related you can message me on twitter by using @gavreads or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next week. Happy Reading.
Subscribe via iTunes
Show Notes: Episode One
On this week’s episode:
I pick out a couple of January release highlights and I talk about my books of 2015
The January highlights are:
- Pure Juliet by Stella Gibbons
- Two Great Novels: Up the Walls of the World & Brightness Falls From the Air by James Tiptree Jr
My five reads of 2015 are:
- Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Three by Sarah Lotz
- The Incorruptibles by John Horner Jacobs
- The Dark Defiles by Richard Morgan.
- House of Shattered Wings by Aliette De Boddard
Subscribe via iTunes